Sunday 29 July 2012

SyFy, YouTube and 1000 Fans

Thursday marked our three-week anniversary of this campaign. We finished at 1207 likes, which is incredible for an itty-bitty page that doesn't have any huge connections.

I'm a little overwhelmed at the amount of support we are receiving, largely from complete strangers. For such a silly request, the love we're being shown is amazing. While I'm being cautious not to get my hopes up too high, I am definitely hoping that at least something will come of this.

We shared our link on the SyFy Facebook page in the hopes that if we keep sharing it, they'll jump on board. At the very least, there are more people hopping over to our page because of it, and increased traffic definitely means increased likes.

I have decided I'm going to paint a miniature Stargate for our Buck and Doe, and we'll set up a donation box underneath it. We'll keep that money aside in case plan A fails, and we need to move to plan B, which would be building one ourselves.

This afternoon, Scott and I filmed a video introducing ourselves, since we did promise to make one once we hit 1000 likes. The next video will be at 1500 likes, and will hopefully be a bit more interesting.

But until then, here's the video!



1 comment:

  1. You guys are so adorably nerdy it makes me want to puke.

    In the best of ways.

    ReplyDelete